注册|Register | 搜索 | 会员 | 
用户名: 密 码:      
切换为不分页显示
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:【中英文】昨晚我看到了真爱
字体:    回复
【中英文】昨晚我看到了真爱
[匿名](2023/12/13 17:50:35)  点击:19833  回复:0  
Despite the cliché title,

尽管这是一个烂俗的标题

I truly witnessed a love that brought me to tears

但我确实亲眼见证了一段感情,让我热泪盈眶

when I got home from work last night.

那是昨天晚上,下班回家的时候

I work as a waiter at a hotel.

我在一家酒店做服务员

Last night

昨晚

this elderly(Late 60's/Early 70's), seemingly wealthy couple came into the restaurant

有一对年老(大约六七十高龄),看起来十分阔绰的夫妻走进了酒店餐厅

and my co-worker seated them.

我的同事引导他们落座

We usually do our own tables,

通常我们只为自己负责的桌子提供服务

but because we were so busy last night

不过昨晚我们都太忙了

we helped each other out.

我们也为彼此帮忙

At one point

这时

the elderly couple signaled to me

那对老夫妻示意让我过去

that they were ready to order.

表示他们准备好点餐了

Once again we were super busy

再说一次,那时我们忙得不可开交

I usually find it rude when people go out of their way to make their order,

每次有客人大费周章的点餐,我总觉得有些失礼

but once I took their order I understood why.

但我为他们下单时,我明白了其中的原因

The husband began ordering

丈夫开始点菜

and started stuttering to an extent I've never heard before

说话结结巴巴,我从没听过有人说话这样含混不清

It was very clear

很明显

that he had a speech disorder.

这人有语言障碍

I could tell

我能断定

the wife had told her husband very extensively what she wanted,

妻子已经非常详细的告诉了丈夫自己想要吃什么

as a way for him to practice ordering.

想用这种方式帮助他训练说话能力

It took a while for him to order,

男人花了很长时间点菜

and in the meantime

在那时

she was sitting there

妻子坐在他身旁

and she looked so proud

看上去无比骄傲

and content

神情惬意

despite her husband's immense stammering.

尽管她丈夫结结巴巴,十分严重
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

图示说明: 24小时新发主题  最近被编辑的主题  超过24小时普通主题

免责申明 |版规 |页面执行时间:46.875毫秒 | 当前论坛在线人数:1187 今日访问人数:36700 论坛访问人数合计:11504127 |